Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My 6 Special Pieces




Here is the story of each outfit  I chose to wear for the August edition of  Duo Magazine and how I felt they  represented who I am. It took  awhile to choose just 6 out of so many favourites in my wardrobe, I wanted to show different sides of my personality through the choices I made. Each outfit highlights different aspects of who I am as a person. Fashion is a vehicle of expression and creativity and I find I am the blank canvas that I gleefully look forward to creating everyday.
Left to Right

Cue Jumpsuit.

I love jumpsuits even though they are highly impractical when going to the loo. If you are the slightest bit shy about being almost totally naked  in the ladies then forget about wearing one of these.
I love the bold print and colour of this outfit. It appeals to the artist in me. I'm not afraid of wearing colour and standing out in the crowd. I love the wide pants as they are so breezy and cool and the length is very flattering. I love this photo as I feel it shows me striding forward confidently and powerfully into the future.



Forever New Black jeans, Bardot sleeveless longline vest, Ice grey marle top, Collette statement necklace and Famous orange heels

This is quite a thoughtful pose and it matches my outfit perfectly. I feel in this photo, I'm reflecting on what I have left behind and what awaits for me in the future. A healthy, successful and exciting one that I am choosing to create. My no nonsense, neutral and structured outfit says "I mean Business" but I  add a bit of colour and bling because that is what makes it fun. Long line vests look fabulous for lengthening the torso and white is such a flattering colour and gives light to the complexion. Keeping it sassy are the skinny black jeans. I feel strong and powerful in this outfit.


Morrisey leopard print coat, Queenspark blouse, Forcast Skirt

Behind the  careful businesswoman there is the  bit of a wild, crazy, Latin woman who's  not afraid to own her own power and sexuality. As I am now 50, I feel I can express my sexuality with more confidence and no excuses. Fitted knee length nude skirt and top make for an earthy and warm palette. The lepeoard print coat is fun and a little bit rebellious. Loose coats worn over more fitted clothes are a great way of layering, which I don't get to do too much in our warm North Queensland Climate.



Valleygirl skirt, Ice black top, Zu Shoes,  

I love having fun and this outfit really brings out the girl in me. Who doesn't love a girly full skirt which you can twirl in. The colour of the skirt just makes me so happy. Yellow and green just brings me so much  joy. To anchor the look so it doesn't become too sugary, I tone it down with a black top and some edgy shoes which say "I'm no Princess"
I like to pick up the green in the skirt with jewelry which has that same colour to link it all together.



Stella Moda Cobalt blue evening dress, Famous Shoes- white heels

When I first saw this dress I was immediately attracted to it by it's stunning colour. When I tried it on it just fitted like a glove and was so comfortable with it's beautiful stretch lace. Believe me it hid a multitude of sins and made my figure look amazing. The colour did great things for my skin. The deep neckline is extremely flattering as it creates length and because I'm a small A-Cup I can get away  with it. The side slit shows just enough leg. Hey! At 50 I'm running out of time so I might as well show those pins off while I can. I love the  long sleeves,which create a sexy but elegant look. I feel very classic and sure of myself in this dress.


Dorothy Perkins Silk Blouse( Endeavour) Cue skirt, Big W heels

I love a bargain and I love finding a treasure like this gorgeous blouse with sequin detailing on the collar and cuffs. The soft peach colour matches perfectly with my tailored paneled Cue Skirt. This pretty, soft combo  is feminine but strong. The buckled heels stop the outfit becoming too sweet and tones down the peach.
This is a very relaxed, comfortable me who loves to mix and match bargains  with more expensive pieces. It is the cut and quality you are looking for that makes the outfit, not necessarily how expensive it is.




 My style is quite eclectic and my moods govern my choices as to what I will wear in the morning. I don't care about whether something has come from an op shop. I'm quite proud I can make pre- loved or cheaper clothes look good. I dress to suit and please myself and age is no barrier to me when it comes to experimenting with new styles and colours.
I like to mix it up, keep it exciting and never be afraid to move forward.


     " Never compare, never explain, just live your truth and be 
        authentic in everything you do including your wardrobe"

                                                                                            Liz Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment